Sunday, May 14, 2017

Google Photos

If you know me well in real life, you've probably heard me mention Google Photos, then proceed to go on and on about it at some point. Google Photos is one of my favorite Apps & Features and in my opinion is the one thing I feel everyone should have, but no one really seems to know about.

Google Photos is an online storage and synchronization tool, like Google Drive, except it is geared specifically around photos and videos. The thing that makes Google Photos so great is that unlike other online storage spaces like iCloud, Google Drive, or Drop Box - Google Photos can allow unlimited storage space! Now the only "catch" to this is that you allow Google to reformat your images to slightly slightly slightly lower quality, but honestly, I can't even tell the difference between the originals and the Google modified version.

If you are like me you might want some photos to use them for reasons where you need them to remain high quality, like an art portfolio. The way that I manage this, is by taking those specific photos I want to stay high quality, and uploading the originals to Google Drive but also backing them to Photos. This allows for a quick ready view version, as well as a back up of the highest quality file.

I was going to make a video of this myself for Google photos, however I think this video does a great job of explaining the way to maximize your Google Photos use between your computer, devices and phones.




While it might take a little bit of trial and error, I urge you to take some time to play around with it and find out how you want to use it. Google Photos has been amazing in that all my photos are always at hand and searchable in my pocket, and best of all is it's all free!

No comments:

Post a Comment